The 5 most important things to consider when catering for your event
1. First and foremost, any food or drink served at your event should fit in with the style of your
company or latest campaign. A health food company for example shouldn’t serve sugary or
fried food at their event and similarly, a campaign aimed at expecting mothers shouldn’t
serve cocktails and sushi.
2. Choose the right kind of food. This depends on your theme and location. Do you require a sit
down formal meal, or just snacks? Is the venue suitable for a buffet style dinner?
Consider your guest profile when choosing the style of food. What is the age group, where
are they from and what is their general background? Older guests may prefer a milder and
more traditional menu, whereas people with a food or fashion background would be
impressed with something cutting edge and innovative.
3. Consider the time of day you are hosting your event, is it am or pm? Your menu should fit
accordingly. Similarly, if your event takes place between meal times perhaps something
lighter would be a better option.
4. Your budget is important to consider. This could affect your decision behind choosing a sit
down meal or something more casual. Don’t let your budget stop you from choosing
quality over quantity. When it comes to food, quality should always come first. Choosing a
menu that is seasonal and local can cut down prices and also show that your company is
concerned with social responsibility and with current trends.
5. Choose a reputable supplier that specialises in the style of food you want to serve. Always go
on word of mouth recommendation, or ask for references from their previous customers.
You want to be sure you can serve the best food and drink possible to your guests, so don’t
take any chances. You should be able to try a sample of your menu before the event and
discuss any changes or alterations with the chef. Take care with people allergies or
preferences; always offer a selection of food, (2 or 3 choices for each course or a varied
Miss Macaroon specialises in branded macaroon corporate gifts. Our macaroons are fully gluten free, halal and vegetarian. Wow your guests and impress your boss with our beautiful business gifts to compliment your company event.